My grandmother handed down this recipe and it’s amazing! The flavor, with a hint of maple and great spices, totally lives up to its name. —Erin Gibbons, Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 16 Traditional Thanksgiving Recipes
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- Brush crust with egg white. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into crust. Bake for 70-80 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Best-Ever Sweet Potato Pie in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p23
Reviews for Best-Ever Sweet Potato Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2014
"This was very good. I remade it also and put in coconut milk instead for Easter and it also was delicious."