- 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes
- before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water
- and meringue powder; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat on
- high for 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Cover icing with damp
- paper towels or plastic wrap between uses.
- Working quickly, spread or pipe icing over cookies; let dry at room
- temperature for several hours or until firm. Use small new
- paintbrushes or toothpicks and food coloring to make designs on the
- cookies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 116 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.