Best Ever Roast Beef Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1-1/3 cups plus 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add onion and 1-1/3 cups water. In a small bowl, combine the soup, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup gravy equals 718 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 1,056 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 62 g protein.
Reviews for Best Ever Roast Beef
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.