Best-Ever Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each celery seed, salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Add the potatoes, broth, carrot, onion, parsley, celery seed, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted and the soup is heated through. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Best-Ever Potato Soup(53)
Sort By :
The only thing I changed was I used shredded cheddar cheese instead of the Velveeta cheese. Turned out great.
Made this recipe according to the directions and it turned out perfect and delicious.
YUMMY,This turns out perfect every time I make it
Yum!! Just made this soup using frozen hashbrowns and it turned out delicious! I used a little less bacon, around 3 cups or more frozen hashbrowns, and shredded cheddar cheese instead of velveta. I used fat-free milk and added a touch extra salt after tasting it when it was done. Didn't have fresh onions on hand, so used 2 Tbsp hydrated onion. This will be on my list of great soups for fall!
I added hot sausage meatballs too!