- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, 2
- tablespoons oil and 2-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in
- enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease
- the top. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle.
- Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan, letting dough drape over the
- edge. Cut string cheese pieces in half lengthwise; place around edge
- of pan. Fold dough over string cheese; pinch to seal.
- Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Brush with remaining oil;
- sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes
- or until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Spread over crust.
- Arrange pepperoni over top; sprinkle with Italian cheese blend. Bake
- for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 392 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 879 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.