Best-Ever Lamb Chops for 2
Need an easy dinner fix for two tonight? Try this! "My mom just loved a good lamb chop, and this easy recipe was her favorite way to have them. I've also grilled these chops with great results." Kim Mundy - Visalia, CA
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Broil: 10 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 New Zealand lamb loin chops (3 ounces each)
Make a holiday feast guests will love with pasture-raised, grass-fed lamb.
Learn More >
- Mint jelly, optional
- Combine herbs and salt; rub over lamb chops. Cover and refrigerate
- for one hour.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve
- with jelly if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 lamb chops equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.