- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- FLUFFY CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on medium for 1 minute.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a bowl, beat the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Beat in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Best-Ever Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"I made this for my husbands birthday several years ago and every year since!! Now my kids are asking for it for their birthdays!! It is the Best Ever Chocolate Cake!!! So moist and yummy!"
"Gotta love chocolate and this cake satisfies that craving!"
"We make this all the time, since my son is allergic to milk (using a different icing, of course). But we're not sacrificing quality for the sake of allergies this time, because this is the best ever chocolate cake."
"All there is to say is, YUM. It was moist and delicious."
"I have made this cake for my children from the time they where small until today at 36, 30 and 29 they love it. My mother-in law give this recipe to me she used it during the depression when there where no eggs."