Best-Ever Chicken Fajita Chowder Recipe
Warm up weeknights with bowls of this thick, cheesy soup that captures the zippy flavors of the Southwest.–Beverly Matthews, Pasco, Washington
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Tortilla chips and minced fresh chives, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook and stir the chicken, peppers and onion in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the water, corn, rice, enchilada sauce, chilies and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and sour cream until cheese is melted. Serve with chips and chives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 482 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC