Best-Ever Cheesecake Recipe
I've passed this recipe on to dozens of folks. My daughter was so fond of it that she wanted to served for her wedding instead of traditional cake.—Howard Koch, Lima, Ohio
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Pat onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Chill.
- 2. For filling, beat cream cheese and eggs in a bowl on medium speed for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Continue beating until well blended, about 1 minute. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. For topping, combine the sour cream and remaining sugar and vanilla in a small bowl; spread over cheesecake. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 388 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Best-Ever Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC