I've passed this recipe on to dozens of folks. My daughter was so fond of it that she wanted to served for her wedding instead of traditional cake.—Howard Koch, Lima, Ohio
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Pat onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Chill.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and eggs in a bowl on medium speed for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Continue beating until well blended, about 1 minute. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. For topping, combine the sour cream and remaining sugar and vanilla in a small bowl; spread over cheesecake. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Best-Ever Cheesecake in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p47
Reviews for Best-Ever Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review