Fresh blueberries are the ingredient that make this muffin so delicious. The recipe is so easy, you will be able to make it even on those busy mornings.—Elaine Clemens, Birch Run, Michigan
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Best-Ever Blueberry Muffins in Country Woman July/August 1995, p35
Reviews for Best-Ever Blueberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review