- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Best Ever Banana Bread
Sort By :
"The best banana bread i ever had....super moist!!!!"
"such a tastiest banana bread ever...... the best recipe and easy to make. Thanks TOH."
"This really is the best banana bread I have made. It is delicious and easy to make. I'm getting rid of all of my old banana bread recipes. Thanks. I tried to give this 5 stars but it didn't happen."
"DELICIOUS!!!! I have been on the lookout for a really,really good banana bread recipe and this is it! Super easy and great texture. I didn't have walnuts but chopped almonds were just as good. You won't be sorry!"
"Great flavor and great texture! Will definitely make this one again when I want a banana nut bread. I used pecans instead of walnuts cuz that is what I keep in my freezer."