- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Best-Ever Banana Bread
Sort By :
"I used coconut oil and coconut milk and added coconut and cranberries. The best bread ever!!"
"I took this bread to my church breakfast and it got rave reviews from everyone. i had many requests for the recipe It is very moist and delicious."
"I made this per directions and its title fits the finished product. It is a keeper. Texture is great, very moist. I used black walnuts, but any nut of choice, or no nuts, would be just as good. The baking time stated is a bit long for my oven, I would suggest testing before the stated baking time. Mine baked in an hour. I always remove breads while still warm, not hot, allowing a bread to completely cool sometimes increases sticking. Cutting a piece of waxed paper the size of the pan bottom eliminates the risk of sticking, although I didn't do it this time and had no problems."
"This is the most delicious recipe. For a change I will add 1 bag of chocolate chips.. I always replace 1/4 cup of sour cream for the buttermilk. It makes the bread very moist and flavorful."
"I agree, this is a wonderful recipe, the buttermilk makes a big difference. My recipe is almost 30 years old, and uses a stick of oleo instead of oil, 1/2 cup of buttermilk and only 1 cup sugar. It never fails to please."