Best Ever Banana Bread Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Best Ever Banana Bread(166)
Sort By :
very nice,,,daisyh, try making mini loaves. That is what I do and cut the baking time down and they did not fall and they came out perfectly. I really love this recipe.
Any suggestions would be appreciated ! I tried this twice today and both times it fell in the middle 10 minutes before the cook time was up. The oven thermometer holds steady at 325 degrees. I live at 7,000 ft but other breads I have tried have done fine.
Truly is the best banana bread I've had. Perfect texture and flavor. Only change was to substitute sour cream for the buttermilk.
For a delicious gooey top, cover it with aluminum foil when it first comes out of the oven. This is a wonderful recipe!
If I could give it six stars I would! This is definitely the BEST ever banana bread.