Best Ever Banana Bread Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Best Ever Banana Bread(182)
Sort By :
OMG...this is the best banana bread ever! So very flavorful and moist. As suggested, I used 3 bananas and did not have buttermilk, so used whipped cream & few dollops of butter. I was contemplating adding the spices & brown sugar suggested in the other reviews, but do not want to alter such a perfect, yummy recipe.
This is my favorite banana bread recipe.
Great, but not extraordinary.
Fantastic! I was even able to make this in a gluten free version for my fiancé who is gluten intolerant. Tasted amazing!
I'm not even a huge fan of banana bread, but this was just delicious. I left out the nuts since we didn't have them in the house. I will be saving this and using it as my standby for banana bread.