- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Best-Ever Banana Bread
"While I am not a huge fan of just plain banana bread, I must say this one is good. I did add cinnamon to the batter because my family loves it. I didn't add any nuts because DD doesn't like them; however, I would add pecans if I were making this to give away. Husband and I prefer pecans, but that is just a preference thing. Will definitely make again."
"Next time I will try only one cup sugar. I didn't have any buttermilk so added 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar to the milk. The only other change I made was using Saffola instead of canola. My grandson suggests adding chocolate chips next time as he likes them in everything. Really good and very moist."
"Best of all my banana bread recipes."
"Absolutely amazing!! I always make mini loafs to share the deliciousness :) thank you for sharing!"
"Love this recipe"
"This is the best banana bread ever! It never turned out so good before. I like it because it’s fluffy and the bananas weren’t as good to eat anymore but when I baked it, it turned out delicious. I give it 5 stars."
"I make this any time I have bananas that are really ripe, it's really good!"
"Excellent recipe. I skipped the nuts because I didn't have any and it still turned out tasty. Next time I will make sure I have walnuts because I'm sure it will be even better. I read the reviews and decided to use only 1 cup of sugar and added a teaspoon of cinnamon. This is now my go to banana bread recipe. Very fast and easy."
"perfect banana bread"
"I followed the directions exactly except for adding 1 cup of Hershey cinnamon chips along with the walnuts. Came out AMAZING."