Best Ever Banana Bread Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Best Ever Banana Bread(165)
Sort By :
Any suggestions would be appreciated ! I tried this twice today and both times it fell in the middle 10 minutes before the cook time was up. The oven thermometer holds steady at 325 degrees. I live at 7,000 ft but other breads I have tried have done fine.
Truly is the best banana bread I've had. Perfect texture and flavor. Only change was to substitute sour cream for the buttermilk.
For a delicious gooey top, cover it with aluminum foil when it first comes out of the oven. This is a wonderful recipe!
If I could give it six stars I would! This is definitely the BEST ever banana bread.
Can you believe the people who did not give 5 stars or even gave a review yet did not follow recipe directions. PEOPLE! If you don't follow recipe directions and change what is supposed to be done and it didn't turn out the way it was supposed to then don't rate low. Not recipe fault, your fault.