- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Best Ever Banana Bread
Sort By :
"wow!! amazing banana flavor ...very soft n moist...cant resist eating another piece :) this bread is awsome...definately a keeper ! used 3 bananas as suggested by other reviewers...thanks to all :) 3 do make a big diff. in taste...used a cup of brown sugar...n added a few blueberries just at top which made the bread look really pretty!! didnt sink in the batter even... baked in a foil loaf pan n a small pyrex dish......used baking powder as i only had it at hand....baking time was exact as recipe states....no added nuts cuz my kids r not a huge fan of nuts....will definately be making it again....though will use 1/3cup of oil next time just to chk if it still stays moist enough...its outside was crusty...n i liked it ! my neighbour did it too....her remarks were "excellent" thanks to TOH :) thumbs up!"
"The flavor was good but I did find it a little too moist and left me feeling like it was too oily."
"Really good recipe didn't have canola oil use vegetable oil and it was delicious!"
"Love this recipe! Make it all the time, really easy and tastes amazing. Also if you dont have butter milk just take some regular milk and vinegar, it makes the same thickness and doesnt taste any different. it's 1tbls vinegar to every cup of milk and set for 5 min while your mixing up everything else. so in a 1/4 cup of milk i would just put 1 tsp vinegar."
"This stayed so moist, even after it cooled for days later. I followed it perfectly, but left out the nuts. This recipe is a keeper!"