- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Best-Ever Banana Bread
"Didn't change a thing!"
"It was good. It's similar to my grandmother's recipe, but we prefer hers."
"This is my favorite banana bread recipe. It always comes out perfect."
"The taste and texture of this banana bread is perfect and my family loved it. My personal preference is for the top crust to not be as dark. I couldn't get the bread to cook all the way through without the top getting a dark brown. (I made 2 loaves and put a piece of foil over one of them and it still turned out a dark brown.) As I said, that is my personal preference."
"This is my go to banana bread. Never lasts long around here!"
"This was very good. I omit the nuts, but it really had nice flavor. I reduced the cook time by about 10 minutes, I did the toothpick test on my smaller loaf pan just in case, then decided to check the larger as well, they were both done."