- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Best Ever Banana Bread
Sort By :
"I have been making this recipe for years and years originally from the Taste of Home Magazine. It is the best banana bread recipe I have ever tried and is my staple one. Whenever I bring this in to work everyone swarms around it! Be sure your bananas are very ripe and it will make the bread moist and sweet! I've even tried it with some natural sugar substitutes and although the texture is a bit different it still tastes great."
"I am just starting to really experiment in the kitchen. I think I have a burnt thumb lol. I really wanted to try and make banana bread. I was scared and prepared to fail but this recipe was so easy...My boyfriend was very appreciative I used the suggestions of the extra banana and cinnamon...sooooo yummy and moist and delicious.. Will probably make again as soon as this loaf runs out..highly recommend this recipe to all beginners"
"Solid recipe and one certainly worth keeping in your stash! We live in CO and I may have to tweak the recipe for our altitude, but the taste is certainly there. I made my loaves into muffins and added choc chips to half the muffins. Thanks for sharing!"
"Wow! Super, super good banana bread! All other banana bread recipes are now worthless. I did what some other reviews suggested and I added an extra banana (mine were on the smaller side anyway) and also a tsp of cinnamon to the dry mixture. I also didn't have any buttermilk so I made my own substitution (1/4 cup milk with 1-1/4 tsp of lemon juice, let it sit for 5-10 minutes). Next time I may add some mini-chocolate chips for a real dessert!"
"Threw out ALL the other banana bread recipes in my collection, this the BEST one ever! For variety, I added mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to satisfy the choco-aholic in me."