- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Best Ever Banana Bread
Sort By :
"Wow! This banana bread really IS the best I've ever had! I'm not a big nut eater, so I changed those out for milk chocolate toffee bits. My family is doing backflips! ?? Just go ahead and double the recipe. You will definitely want an extra loaf, if just to share with another lucky family! Enjoy!"
"I made this, but may have made a mistake doubling the recipe (to accommodate my bounty of overripe bananas). I thought my pans were the right size, but one of the loaves ran over in the oven. And even though I greased the already non-stick pans, I couldn't get either loaf out of the pan intact. Having said that, the flavor was good, and I will try the recipe again and re-adjust my star level."
"I reduced the sugar to 1 cup as per suggestions. I reduced the oil by half and replaced it with more banana and some applesauce. I also replaced almost all the flour with whole wheat flour. A healthier version that still tasted great - the kids loved it!"
"Great recipe, it is a bit sweeter than I would like. Since this is my husband's favorite I'm making it for the second time this week. I did add a dash of cinnamon."
"Amazing! I added cinnamon and an extra banana. I am going to get mini loaf pans, and then double the recipe then make it. I will say how it goes!"