Best Ever Banana Bread
Whenever I pass a display of bananas in the grocery store, I can almost smell the wonderful aroma of this bread. It really is good! —Gert Kaiser, Kenosha, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In
- another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and
- vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1
- hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire
- rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 255 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.