- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Best-Ever Banana Bread
"Best of all my banana bread recipes."
"Absolutely amazing!! I always make mini loafs to share the deliciousness :) thank you for sharing!"
"Love this recipe"
"This is the best banana bread ever! It never turned out so good before. I like it because it’s fluffy and the bananas weren’t as good to eat anymore but when I baked it, it turned out delicious. I give it 5 stars."
"I make this any time I have bananas that are really ripe, it's really good!"