Best-Ever Asparagus/Ham Rolls Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 16 slices sandwich-type ham
- Prepared mustard
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced, optional
- Cook asparagus to crisp-tender. Spread one side of each ham slice with mustard. Roll ham around 2-3 asparagus spears. Layer rolls, seam side down, in a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Blend in flour until smooth. Slowly stir in milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and, if desired, onions. Pour over ham rolls.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Best-Ever Asparagus/Ham Rolls
Sort By :
Delicious! I used dijon mustard which went great with the ham. Super easy!