Best Dinner Rolls Recipe
If you can't decide which enticing topping to use, just make them all.—Christina Pittman, Parkville, Missouri
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- FOR EVERYTHING DINNER ROLLS:
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- FOR PARM-GARLIC DINNER ROLLS:
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- FOR ALMOND HERB DINNER ROLLS:
- 2 tablespoons chopped sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, salt and 2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat milk, water and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 3 minutes. Add 2 eggs; beat on high 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide and shape dough into 24 balls. Place in two greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 4. Brush rolls with lightly beaten egg. Sprinkle with toppings for rolls of your choice. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks; serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 roll (calculated without toppings) equals 118 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Best Dinner Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC