Best Curried Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour and curry powder until blended. Gradually add the broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the pumpkin, milk, honey, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Best Curried Pumpkin Soup(17)
Sort By :
Really is the best pumpkin soup recipe! I didn't have that many muchrooms (about half) so made up the difference with grated parsnips and added a very little ground ginger too. Great! :-)
This was too sweet for me. I think using real pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin could make a difference.
My family absolutely loves this soup. It is very savory. I add a little extra curry powder to mine.
I found this recipe a few years ago, and it has become part of our Prime Rib Christmas dinner. So simple and so fantastic. I get rave reviews from all holiday guests and have started making it in double batches because EVERYONE wants to take some home. One of my best finds.
I doubled this recipe to bring to a church thing. The whole pot was empty when we left. I got quite a few compliments on the soup too. It turned out very good.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pumpkin Curry >
- Pumpkin Recipes >
- Pumpkin Soup >
- Pumpkin Soup Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Soup Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >