Best Corned Beef 'n' Cabbage Recipe
I've been making this meal for more than 40 years. It is so easy and delicious. It's especially good served with a salad of peaches and cottage cheese.—Ruth Warner, Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- 4 cups water
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2 pounds)
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 large red potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1. In a 6-qt. pressure cooker, combine water and contents of corned beef seasoning packet; add beef. Close cover securely. Turn regulator knob to pressure and select high pressure. Cook for 45 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cabbage, potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add carrots and onion. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- 3. Release pressure according to manual instructions. Remove beef to a serving platter. Discard cooking liquid. Serve beef with cabbage, potatoes, carrots and onion. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Best Corned Beef 'n' Cabbage
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC