Best Corned Beef 'n' Cabbage
I've been making this meal for more than 40 years. It is so easy and delicious. It's especially good served with a salad of peaches and cottage cheese.—Ruth Warner, Wheat Ridge, Colorado
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2 pounds)
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 large red potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a 6-qt. pressure cooker, combine water and contents of corned beef
- seasoning packet; add beef. Close cover securely. Turn regulator
- knob to pressure and select high pressure. Cook for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cabbage, potatoes and
- broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10
- minutes. Add carrots and onion. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes
- longer or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- Release pressure according to manual instructions. Remove beef to a
- serving platter. Discard cooking liquid. Serve beef with cabbage,
- potatoes, carrots and onion. Yield: 4-6 servings.