With this recipe from Betty Matthews, baking Christmas sweets has never been easier. "I gave cookies to friends every year, and these are a favorite," writes the South Haven, Michigan baker. Freeze the dough in logs, then slice and bake the crisp buttery cookies when you need them.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- Pecan halves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 2 cups coconut.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 7-in. long roll. Roll in remaining coconut. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Place a pecan half in the center of each. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Pecan Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p64
Reviews for Best Coconut Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review