Best Coconut Chocolate Cake Recipe
I hope other families enjoy this coconut chocolate cake as much as my family does. I've given almost 100 copies of this recipe to others who have tried the cake and liked it. —Dorothy West, Nacogdoches, Texas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) coconut
- 2 cups slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, water and cocoa. Cook and stir until butter is melted; add to dry ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; add to chocolate mixture and mix well.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine 1 cup evaporated milk, 3/4 cup sugar and marshmallows; cook and stir until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat; stir in coconut. Immediately sprinkle 1 cup almonds over cake. Spread coconut mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining almonds (pan will be full).
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine butter with remaining milk and sugar. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Drizzle over almonds. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 35 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 317 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Best Coconut Chocolate Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC