- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, drained
- 2/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water until smooth. Stir into potato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add clams and cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in milk; heat through. Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Best Clam Chowder
Sort By :
"was very good and easy to make!"
"I love it!!!! Have made it multiple times for my family!"
"I discovered this recipe last year & we loved it we make it as often as we can now."
"Too much pepper. Perhaps needs little to none. I think I would go for a more traditional recipe for clam chowder the next time."
"I have made this recipe 5 times since I found it in the Taste of Home Annual. Incredible. I've made it for my Mother and she loves it. The only thing I do different, is use 4 cans of clams. Great recipe. Thanks"