Best Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
This roll recipe, from my husband's family, is one I always prepare for our church conferences. Serve them with scrambled eggs, and you have a filling breakfast. As a variation, you can replace the cinnamon filling with a mixture of raisins and pecans.—Shenai Fisher, Topeka, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the sugar, butter, eggs, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 11-in. x 8-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- 4. Cut each into eight slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost rolls. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 364 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC