- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk. In another bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs, salt, yeast mixture and 2 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Punch down dough; divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion into an 11x8-in. rectangle. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with half of the brown sugar mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into eight slices; place in a greased 13x9-in. pan, cut side down. Cover with a kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting, beat butter, cream cheese, vanilla and salt until blended; gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar. Spread over tops. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 rolls.
Reviews for Best Cinnamon Rolls
"My 13 yr old son made these and they where so yummy!!!!"
"Absolutely Delicious and so easy to prepare. I made the dough in my bread-machine on the dough cycle and it turned out perfect. If you can keep yourself from eating the entire pan full, they freeze very nicely too!"
"This has become my "go-to" sweet roll recipe! Also did it in the bread machine on the dough setting. Worked great!"
"These were amazing! I wouldn't change a thing about them!"
"These were excellent. I added raisins and walnuts which were amazing. Will definitely be making these again."
"Wonderful - I would give them 10 stars if I could! The dough is easy to work with. These are very yummy, and easy to make. Thank you for sharing!"
"I made the dough for these rolls in my bread machine.....it came out perfectly. I'm not a person who cares much for frosting, but there are others in the family who do, so I went ahead and iced them. Next time, I think half of the frosting recipe would be adequate. I'm giving them a "5" because the dough is so nice and easy to work with.....and good....., and frosting lovers will love the cream cheese icing, but I really prefer the kind that have goo and nuts on the bottom."
"Awesome recipe. My first attempt at cinnamon rolls and they were perfect. My family loved them."
"Christmas morning! Made the recipe exactly as written. The results were amazing. Classic taste, soft, sweet rolls. I only filled one pan, though. Not sure how anyone could get two... Maybe mine didn't rise as much as others? Still light, fluffy and delicious. Served for brunch with sausage balls, fruit salad and hot wassail."
"This is my new cinnamon roll recipe. I made the dough one night, left it in the fridge overnight, and baked them in the morning. They came out delicious. One pan got a little crispier than the other, but they tasted great even when they were a little browner than I would have liked. I ran out of confectioners' sugar so I used a bit of plain sugar- less sugar overall than the frosting recipe suggested, and I did not feel deprived at all (and I have a sweet tooth). The Filling recipe made a bit more than I needed- I packed in on top of each of the rolls after they were in the pan."