- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the sugar, butter, eggs, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 11x8-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut each into eight slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost rolls. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 rolls.
Reviews for Best Cinnamon Rolls
"Absolutely Delicious and so easy to prepare. I made the dough in my bread-machine on the dough cycle and it turned out perfect. If you can keep yourself from eating the entire pan full, they freeze very nicely too!"
"This has become my "go-to" sweet roll recipe! Also did it in the bread machine on the dough setting. Worked great!"
"These were amazing! I wouldn't change a thing about them!"
"These were excellent. I added raisins and walnuts which were amazing. Will definitely be making these again."
"Wonderful - I would give them 10 stars if I could! The dough is easy to work with. These are very yummy, and easy to make. Thank you for sharing!"