Best Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the sugar, butter, eggs, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 11-in. x 8-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut each into eight slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost rolls. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 rolls.
Reviews for Best Cinnamon Rolls(8)
Sort By :
Wonderful - I would give them 10 stars if I could! The dough is easy to work with. These are very yummy, and easy to make. Thank you for sharing!
I made the dough for these rolls in my bread machine.....it came out perfectly. I'm not a person who cares much for frosting, but there are others in the family who do, so I went ahead and iced them. Next time, I think half of the frosting recipe would be adequate. I'm giving them a "5" because the dough is so nice and easy to work with.....and good....., and frosting lovers will love the cream cheese icing, but I really prefer the kind that have goo and nuts on the bottom.
Awesome recipe. My first attempt at cinnamon rolls and they were perfect. My family loved them.
Christmas morning! Made the recipe exactly as written. The results were amazing. Classic taste, soft, sweet rolls. I only filled one pan, though. Not sure how anyone could get two... Maybe mine didn't rise as much as others? Still light, fluffy and delicious. Served for brunch with sausage balls, fruit salad and hot wassail.
This is my new cinnamon roll recipe. I made the dough one night, left it in the fridge overnight, and baked them in the morning. They came out delicious. One pan got a little crispier than the other, but they tasted great even when they were a little browner than I would have liked. I ran out of confectioners' sugar so I used a bit of plain sugar- less sugar overall than the frosting recipe suggested, and I did not feel deprived at all (and I have a sweet tooth). The Filling recipe made a bit more than I needed- I packed in on top of each of the rolls after they were in the pan.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Rolls >