- 8 oz. Galbani® Ricotta
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 12 oz. milk chocolate
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- Chocolate shavings, raspberries, and whipped cream, to taste
- Cake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom and sides of two 9- round by 2-inch deep cake pans.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, oil, ricotta and vanilla on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs. Beat until incorporated.
- On low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with water. Continue mixing for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Divide equally into pans and bake for 35-45 minutes until cake tests done.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes and then turn onto plates. Frost when cakes are cool.
- Frosting Directions:
- Melt chocolate over simmering water, stir until smooth, let cool to room temperature.
- Mix sour cream into chocolate with a wire whisk.
- Frost the first layer, top with second layer, then frost the top and sides.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings, raspberries, and whipped cream as desired. Yield: 12 servings
Originally published as Best Chocolate Cake Ever (Ricotta Chocolate Cake) in Galbani® Cheese 2017
Reviews for Best Chocolate Cake Ever (Ricotta Chocolate Cake)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review