Best Chicken Kiev Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, chives and garlic. Shape into a 3-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Cover and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut the butter mixture into six 1-in. pieces; place one piece in center of each chicken breast. Roll up chicken from a long side; tuck ends under. Secure with toothpicks.
- 3. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, parsley and paprika. Place buttermilk in another shallow bowl. Dip the chicken into buttermilk, then coat evenly with cornflake mixture.
- 4. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, seam side down. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 357 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 47 g protein.
Reviews for Best Chicken Kiev
"I really like this..."
"Loved it, you can double it easily and I plan on making it for my extended family over the Holidays..Judy, thanks for giving me the idea and a chance to cook at xmas. K"
"Wonderful, easy, and elegant. I served it with fresh steamed asparagus and a rice pilaf."
"I made it today. It is definitely a keeper. My wife and I enjoyed it."
"I would indeed make this recipe again. It's excellent and should be dealt with as such."
"have made a similar recipe for over 30 yrs and it still gets raves. I use bread crumbs instead of the flakes & roll a chunk of monterey jack cheese with the butter in the center of each breast. An outstanding & easy recipe."
"Explain how to get 6 3 X 1/2 in pieces out of this butter??? I can get 4."
"I was hoping to cut my piece of chicken and have the butter run out like the chicken kiev you can buy frozen...didn't happen. A little disappointed there but it is a low fat recipe afterall. Otherwise my family really liked this dish. Will probably try some other kiev recipes though."