Best Chicken Kiev Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, chives and garlic. Shape into a 3-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Cover and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut the butter mixture into six 1-in. pieces; place one piece in center of each chicken breast. Roll up chicken from a long side; tuck ends under. Secure with toothpicks.
- 3. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, parsley and paprika. Place buttermilk in another shallow bowl. Dip the chicken into buttermilk, then coat evenly with cornflake mixture.
- 4. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, seam side down. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 357 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 47g protein
Reviews for Best Chicken Kiev
"I really like this..."
"Loved it, you can double it easily and I plan on making it for my extended family over the Holidays..Judy, thanks for giving me the idea and a chance to cook at xmas. K"
"Wonderful, easy, and elegant. I served it with fresh steamed asparagus and a rice pilaf."
"I made it today. It is definitely a keeper. My wife and I enjoyed it."
"I would indeed make this recipe again. It's excellent and should be dealt with as such."
"have made a similar recipe for over 30 yrs and it still gets raves. I use bread crumbs instead of the flakes & roll a chunk of monterey jack cheese with the butter in the center of each breast. An outstanding & easy recipe."
"Explain how to get 6 3 X 1/2 in pieces out of this butter??? I can get 4."
"I was hoping to cut my piece of chicken and have the butter run out like the chicken kiev you can buy frozen...didn't happen. A little disappointed there but it is a low fat recipe afterall. Otherwise my family really liked this dish. Will probably try some other kiev recipes though."