From holiday dinners to potluck suppers, this is one of my favorite meals. Folks love the mildly seasoned chicken roll-ups. —Karin Erickson, Burney, California
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, chives and garlic. Shape into a 3-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Cover and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut the butter mixture into six 1-in. pieces; place one piece in center of each chicken breast. Roll up chicken from a long side; tuck ends under. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, parsley and paprika. Place buttermilk in another shallow bowl. Dip the chicken into buttermilk, then coat evenly with cornflake mixture.
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, seam side down. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Kiev in Country Woman November/December 1994, p29
Reviews for Best Chicken Kiev
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review