Quick and comforting, this delicious dish from Judith Whitford of East Aurora, New York is filled with chunky chicken, colorful veggies and spoonfuls of creamy flavor. It’s guaranteed to warm your family to their toes! JUDITH’S TIP: “Add whatever frozen veggies you like to the sauce. I often add peas and green beans.”
- 6 individually frozen biscuits
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 5 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine 4 cups broth, chicken, carrots, celery, onion, corn, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Split biscuits; top with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Best Chicken 'n' Biscuits in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p29
Reviews for Best Chicken 'n' Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review