Best Cheese Bread
My husband and I often make a meal of bread and salad. We enjoy the garlic, dill and cheddar flavors in this savory bread. We think it's best served fresh from the oven.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, baking powder, garlic
- powder and dill. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil and
- honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean (top will have an uneven appearance). Cool for 10 minutes
- before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 245 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.