My husband and I often make a meal of bread and salad. We enjoy the garlic, dill and cheddar flavors in this savory bread. We think it's best served fresh from the oven.
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, baking powder, garlic powder and dill. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (top will have an uneven appearance). Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices each).
Originally published as Best Cheese Bread in Best of Country Breads 2000, p27
Reviews for Best Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review