After a bite of this cake, you'll be on cloud nine. It is a wonderful recipe and love to serve it to friends and family.—Geri Frahm, Gretna, Nebraska
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in the carrots, pineapple, raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Moist Carrot Cake in Light & Tasty
Reviews for Best Carrot Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review