- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in the carrots, pineapple, raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Best Carrot Cake
Sort By :
This is absolutely the BEST carrot cake I have ever had. Even my husband is eating it, and he hates carrots. Its perfect the way it is.....not much left of it now, but will definitely make it again.
I'm not a carrot cake fan, but this cake is the absolute BEST cake I've ever had! SUPER moist!!! A huge hit at our family gathering!!! I will ONLY use this recipe when I need to make a carrot cake again. Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely the best carrot cake I have ever eaten. I just made this cake for a family Christmas party and it was a huge hit! I followed the recipe exactly and would not change a thing. YUMMY!!!
This was Truly the best Carrot cake I have ever made !!!