This recipe caught my eye because it uses a whole can of chocolate syrup! I had searched for years for a brownie everyone likes, and this is it. My husband takes them to work, and they're gone in no time. They cut nicely after cooling a bit, but we don't often wait to dig in.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate syrup and vanilla. Add the flour and salt until blended.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (top of brownies will still appear wet). Cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes.
- For glaze, combine sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows until melted. Pour over the brownies and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Best Cake Brownies in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p27
Reviews for Best Cake Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review