- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate syrup and vanilla. Add the flour and salt until blended.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (top of brownies will still appear wet). Cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes.
- For glaze, combine sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows until melted. Pour over the brownies and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Best Cake Brownies
"My aunt sold these at a bake sale. They were the first to go. She is going to make me some. Everyone just loves them."
"These Brownies are awesome!! Followed recipe, wouldn't change a thing."
"I needed a brownie recipe for Easter that could feed a crowd, yet was easy and delicious. I gave this a try and I'm sure glad I did! This is easy, moist, and tastes incredible. The only addition I made was adding 1 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts to the mix for added flavor. It disappeared in minutes."
"I made these for a family get together and they were the first thing to disappear!"
"Excellent! Great recipe!"