Best Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to boil. Add the broccoli, celery and carrots; boil 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set vegetables aside.
- In the same pot, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour to form a smooth paste. Gradually stir in broth and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in reserved vegetables and remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Best Broccoli Soup(22)
Sort By :
This recipe is so good! The only suggestion I would give is that once everything was all cooked, I put quite a bit of it in the blender. I've had it both ways and they are both great, just depends on your tastes. I took someone's suggestion this time and added some cheese. Sooo good!
This turned out pretty good. I substituted vegetable broth for the chicken and added cheddar cheese to the broth and milk mixture. Next time I think I will increase the seasonings as we felt it needed a little more flavor. Overall a very comforting soup.
This was excellent! It's not a heavy soup it's very light
This was an excellent soup. It's not a heavy type of soup. I added extra broccoli ,carrots,cheese, and cayenee pepper.My family loved it!
It is gooooaaaaad
Super yummy! Used unsweetened almond milk instead of 2% milk, lower sodium chicken broth, 1 tsp dried parsley, and changed the onion salt to onion powder. Turns out great every time!