- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Add rice; cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes. Melt butter in skillet; saute onion and celery until tender. In large bowl, combine rice, celery and onion with remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Best Broccoli Casserole
"I've never made a broccoli casserole so I don't have much to go on, but this one was pretty good. A little too much of the soup for my taste so next time I might try adding more broccoli. I decided to put it in my recipe book so that means it's a keeper."
"I have hade this recipe for about 18 years and still making it.This recipe got me started with taste of home subscriptions And I still have the original recipe.Named How I Got My Kids to Eat ...Broccoli.It really works.Thank You! Cindy K Syracuse Indiana We love it. DDNies76@aol.com"
"I wonder...am I supposed to bake this covered or uncovered? I liked the taste after adding seasoning and another 1/2 cup of cheese."