Best Bran Muffins
Having these muffins for breakfast provides a good start to a busy day. My husband loves pineapple, which makes these muffins moist...and delicious!
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-bran cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in natural juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, dates or raisins
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Make a well in the
- center. Combine the egg, oil, molasses, buttermilk and pineapple
- with juice. Pour into well; mix just until dry ingredients are
- moistened. Stir in the nuts, dates or raisins.
- Fill 18 greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 12
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 18 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with nuts) equals 151 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium,