Best Blackbrry Cobbler Recipe
I’ve tweaked this recipe a few times, and everyone enjoys it. You can use frozen blackberries, but fresh are best. The lime zest really complements the sweet fruit, and the sour cream pastry is delightful. —Kimberly Reisinger, Spring, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 6 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- SOUR CREAM PASTRY:
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Place the blackberries in a large bowl. Combine the sugar, cornstarch and lime peel; sprinkle over berries and gently toss to coat. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in 5 tablespoons butter until crumbly. Combine sour cream and heavy cream; gradually add to crumb mixture, tossing with a fork until mixture forms a ball.
- 3. Roll out to fit top of baking dish; place pastry over filling. Trim and seal edges; cut slits in top. Melt remaining butter; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 354 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC