Best Beefy Burgers with Roasted Onion & Peppercorn Mayo Recipe
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns, crushed
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Optional ingredients: tomato slices and lettuce leaves
- 1. Place onion on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, crushed peppercorns and onion mixture; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle beef with remaining salt; gently mix. Shape into four patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with mayonnaise mixture and, if desired, tomato and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger with 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mix: 712 calories, 48g fat (11g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 1292mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein
Reviews for Best Beefy Burgers with Roasted Onion & Peppercorn Mayo
"EST BURGER EVER !!!!!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.