Best Beef Stroganoff Recipe
This lightened-up Stroganoff from Beth Bries of Farley, Iowa is sure to become a family favorite. The tender strips of beef, sliced mushrooms and onion are coated in a pleasing sauce made with fat-free yogurt and served over noodles.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Gradually stir in the milk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown beef in oil until no longer pink. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 1 minute longer or until mushrooms are tender.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in yogurt and reserved sauce. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes on low until heated through. Serve with noodles; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Onion Beef Stroganoff in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p63
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Best Beef Stroganoff(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >