Best Barbecue Wings Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 30 frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- 1. For barbecue sauce, in large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cayenne and cumin. Simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat; stir in pepper sauce. Set aside 2/3 cup for serving.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper; add chicken wings in batches and turn to coat.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill wings, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally. Brush with some of the barbecue sauce.
- 4. Grill, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Serve with reserved barbecue sauce. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 wingette equals 114 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Best Barbecue Wings
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer