- 2 pounds bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large Vidalia onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup peach nectar
- Rinse four 1-cup plastic or freezer-safe containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook bacon in batches over medium heat until it starts to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 3 tablespoons in pan.
- Add onions to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return bacon to pan. Stir in coffee, vinegar, pineapple juice, Nutella, pineapple, brown sugar, cinnamon and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender in batches; cover and pulse until chopped.
- Return mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Add peach nectar; simmer, uncovered, 20-30 minutes longer or until jam is thickened.
- Cool slightly. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Yield: 3-1/2 half-pints.
Originally published as Best Bacon Jam in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p192
Reviews for Best Bacon Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review