Best Bacon Bruschetta Recipe
Here’s my twist on the traditional BLT sandwich. I tossed in fresh basil, feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette. The small size makes it easy for guests to munch while they mingle.
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 16 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. Split rolls in half; cut each half into quarters. Lightly brush both sides with oil. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- 4. Top each piece of toasted bread with bacon, tomato mixture, cheese and basil; drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately. Yield: 32 appetizers.
1 each: 71 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Best Bacon Bruschetta
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC