Best Baby-Back Ribs
My dad encourage me when I was young to pursue my interest in cooking. As I got older, I experimented more, and there were many successes, including these ribs. —Rick Consoli, Orion, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Place ribs bone side down in a large roasting pan. Combine garlic
- powder, seasoned salt and pepper; sprinkle over ribs. Top with
- sliced onion. Cover tightly and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain fat from
- pan; discard sliced onion. Brush ribs with half of barbecue sauce.
- Cover and bake 30-60 minutes longer or until ribs are tender. Serve
- with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 pound) equals 977 calories, 62 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 2,230 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 52 g protein.