Best Baby-Back Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1. Place ribs bone side down in a large roasting pan. Combine garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper; sprinkle over ribs. Top with sliced onion. Cover tightly and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain fat from pan; discard sliced onion. Brush ribs with half of barbecue sauce.
- 3. Cover and bake 30-60 minutes longer or until ribs are tender. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pound: 977 calories, 62g fat (23g saturated fat), 245mg cholesterol, 2230mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 52g protein
Reviews for Best Baby-Back Ribs
"Tender ribs with thick sauce. Recommend spraying baking pan with oil spray prior to baking. Sauce is also great for pulled pork or beef bbq"
"Melt in your mouth."
"These were a mixed success in our house. They were a little too spicy for the kids, but were OK for the adults. I have other rib recipes that are better, so I won't be making these again."
"The ribs came out very tender,and good seasonings.I smelled something ,and discovered you had better fill the bottom of your pan with water.My non stick was filled with crusted fat.I didn't care for the sauce.Next time I will use sweet baby rays.Just didn't care for the flavor.Also going to use a disposable pan haha.with my rack to keep the meat off the bottom.Thanks"
"This is my boyfriend's favorite. I don't even normally like ribs, but I LOVE these!! Very tender, and the bbq sauce has great flavor! I love to pair this with cheesy hashbrowns!"
"Loved it. After experimenting, I personally liked it better with a sweet, not too spicy, chile sauce, and I baked it for a total of 4 hours at 300 degrees."
"LOVED THESE TENDER RIBS. THE SECOND TIME I MADE THEM I SUBSTITUTED 1/2 CUP BARBECUE SAUCE FOR HALF THE KETCHUP AND REDUCED LIQUID SMOKE BY HALF. I GOT RAVE REVIEWS!"