Berry Waldorf Salad
My family and I love this berry salad. The cardamom lends a slightly exotic flavor, while tart cranberries keep the dressing from being too sweet. —Carolyn Johns, Lacey, Washington
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups (10 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, sugar and cardamom. In a large
- bowl, combine the berries, celery and raisins; add yogurt mixture
- and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 169 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.