Berry Waldorf Salad Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups (10 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, sugar and cardamom. In a large bowl, combine the berries, celery and raisins; add yogurt mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 169 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 6g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.