Sliced fresh strawberries, Swiss cheese and a nutty cream cheese spread make this turkey sandwich different. Try it on whole wheat, oatmeal or sunflower seed bread. It's tasty and easy to put together. —Edward Meyer of Arnold, Missouri
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped pecans
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a small bow, mix cream cheese and pecans. Spread over two slices of bread; top with lettuce, cheese, turkey, strawberries and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Berry Turkey Sandwich in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p31
Reviews for Berry Turkey Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2009
"I LOVE THIS SANDWICH!!!I MAKE ABOUT 2 TIMES A WEEK OR WHEN STRAWBERRIES ARE IN SEASON MY FAVORITE, GOING TO TRY OTHER FRUIT ON THIS TO SEE IF I CAN MAKE OTHER FRUITS SANDWICHES IN CASE I CAN'T FIND FREASH STRAWBERRIES."