Berry Turkey Sandwich Recipe
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped pecans
- 1. On two bread slices, layer the lettuce, cheese, turkey and strawberries. Combine cream cheese and pecans; spread over the remaining bread. Place over strawberries. Yield: 2 servings.
One sandwich equals 356 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 932 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.