Berry Turkey Sandwich Recipe
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped pecans
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. In a small bow, mix cream cheese and pecans. Spread over two slices of bread; top with lettuce, cheese, turkey, strawberries and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich: 319 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Berry Turkey Sandwich
"I LOVE THIS SANDWICH!!!I MAKE ABOUT 2 TIMES A WEEK OR WHEN STRAWBERRIES ARE IN SEASON MY FAVORITE, GOING TO TRY OTHER FRUIT ON THIS TO SEE IF I CAN MAKE OTHER FRUITS SANDWICHES IN CASE I CAN'T FIND FREASH STRAWBERRIES."