Berry Turkey Sandwich Recipe
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped pecans
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. In a small bow, mix cream cheese and pecans. Spread over two slices of bread; top with lettuce, cheese, turkey, strawberries and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 319 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 847 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.